Shopify Merchants - We are ready!
Make Crossborderit your IOSS representative
Make Crossborderit your IOSS Intermediary if you are a Shopify platform Merchant!
Crossborderit will execute your IOSS entries and compliance without managing complicated pricing structure and evasive integrations. Simply sign up below, charge your customer the Import VAT plus the admin fees and Crossborderit (CBIT) quickly and easily takes care ofthe rest. Crossborderit offer a flat fee of 1eur per order, 24usd subscription fee per month.
Also note that additional payment processing fees applies at 3%
Please note that we only offer our service to Merchants using Shopify today, more platforms to come, so if you are on Magento, Woocommerce or any other platform, please come back for updates.
What is IOSS
July 1st, 2021, things are changing in the EU. For shippers moving into the common market, tax authorities require the VAT to be collected by the merchant and paid through an IOSS intermediary in the receiving country.
Import VAT is a sales tax, and up to now, there was little sales taxes paid on low value shipments. Taxes will now belevied on all shipments even low values under €150. After July 1st, 2021 all shipments will need to pay Import VAT (sales tax).
The new structure is called IOSS, and Crossborderit(CBIT) has you covered. With simple onboarding and easy flat shipment fees, it is easy to calculate the taxes, collect them and let Crossborderit (CBIT), report, pay, manage Compliance for you.
- Simple onboarding without excessive integrations
- Complete service from payment, processing, reporting, and Compliance
- Flexibility to use multiple carriers
What you need to know
All shipments under €150 will require this new support. Shipments over €150 will work as they do today. CBIT also offers simple DDP for these solutions for a seamless outstanding customer experience.
Breakbulk shipments, Courier shipments, and all other commerce will require an IOSS representative. Crossborderit (CBIT) can get you signed up and manage all of the needs you will have to ensure your customers are satisfied and there is no disruption in your shipping.
Merchants can have just one IOSS intermediary but can use their number with any carrier. Rather than choosing options with complicated and expensive pricing structures and integrations, CBIT offers a streamlined process and flexibility as well as a flat fee that is easily passed on to the shopper.
How does it work
- Sign up above, and Crossborderit (CBIT) will send you a secure link
- Agree to the terms, conditions, and billing options that work for you
- Use the Shopify tax calculator, or any other tax calculator to show the price of import tax in the checkout. Include the 1 eur CBIT flat fee and the 3% VAT payment processing fee for CBIT import tax processing and compliance in the checkout.
- Choose from several options to submit shipping data to CBIT
- Let Crossborderit (CBIT) take care of the rest
Who is affected
IOSS affects all business-to-customer shipments below €150. The rules are designed to focus on B2C e-commerce shipments direct to the customer.
Who can use the IOSS
Your IOSS will be assigned as a child account through CBIT. This number is yours and should only be used by you. Make sure the number is secured if it is compromised. It can be used by other shippers and will create a tax liability for your company.
Crossborderit(CBIT) monitors all child accounts in real-time, which gives you an extra piece of mind if yours is compromised. CBIT provides a monitoring platform that allows you to see all activities and services we provide.
- Flat fee for all services is €1 per shipment
- Access to Crossborderit's platform for just 24usd per month for reporting compliance and activities
- Transparent VAT IOSS payment processing fee at 3%
How to register
- Download the Shopify APP from the Shopify APP store
- Complete Crossborderit onbording forms
- Pay the 60eur registration fee and an IM number will be assigned to your company
- Start shipping to EU with your IM number