Ecommerce automation: Save time and improve your customers' experience, CBIT can help with this
October 1, 2021
Every retailer executes hundreds of small tasks that take between two and five minutes every day. Individually, these don't seem like a significant waste of time. But all the tasks together eat up productivity and hinder growth.
Ecommerce automation is about giving your people and yourself the most important thing you can: time. More than that, it unleashes your teams to invest in high-value work in our current climate: training staff on new fulfillment processes, crisis communications, crafting new vendor agreements, managing HR challenges, experimentation, sales and marketing, and product iteration.
What is ecommerce automation?
Ecommerce automation is software created to convert tasks or processes within your ecommerce that run intelligently exactly when needed.
Examples of ecommerce automations
Ecommerce automations can take a number of different forms, such as tagging customers for segmentation, displaying total cost for per purchase, providing VAT information, and reporting. With each workflow, the goal is the same: to simplify tasks.
- Inventory levels: Override the out-of-stock posting and send a Slack message or email to your marketing team so they can pause advertising.
- Best sellers: Add out-of-stock products back to the online store when they become available again.
- Show total cost per purchase: Showing the total cost with VAT and landed costs included will make your ecommerce offer a more transparent shopping experience for users.
- Customer preferences: Show and hide payment options in relation to customer criteria such as order history, location and device.
- Scheduled sales: price changes and promotions for pre-determined time periods.
- Discounts: adjust prices at checkout based on product combinations, quantity or customer location.
Automation in global cross-border shopping (Crossborderit)
Crossborderit we offer a SaaS platform software where this solution allows you to upload your classifications, allows you to calculate the total import costs for the buyer, collect all fees and forward them to the import broker, all this together with all relevant master data, thus making a fully complete B2C customs declaration for a smooth cross-border entry in the destination country.
Book a demo here.