Boost your cross-border sales with Crossborderit CBIT's IOSS representation

December 16, 2022

To declare VAT and other taxes in the EU through IOSS, the seller must have a representative in the EU.

Online sellers can open a company in any of the 27 EU member states and apply for an IOSS number in that country. In that case, the retailer will declare and pay taxes in that country for all its sales in the EU. Since setting up a legal entity can be costly and frustrating, having a fiscal representative makes more sense.

A fiscal representative is a company that provides VAT declaration and payment services on behalf of the seller.

Crossborderit (CBIT) is identified as a pioneer in offering this service. Being an intermediary, CBIT registers non-EU sellers to obtain an IOSS VAT identification number. These numbers are unique to each seller.

To obtain an IOSS registration number for a customer, CBIT collects minimal identifying information from each customer. CBIT will then act as an intermediary on behalf of the marketplace in all EU countries for VAT purposes.

Crossborderit integrates with Shopify and WooCommerce

For Shopify and WooCommerce merchants, Crossborderit CBIT integrates with the apps alongside Shopify and WooCommerce's tax and duty calculator, allowing merchants to calculate taxes at checkout, report shipments using their CBIT IOSS number and enter EU countries under the new "one". Stop store rules.

How to sign up for Crossborderit if you don't have Shopify or WooCommerce and want to get the API:

1) Fill out the web form on our website to start your registration.

2) Our team will receive your application and review it. A developer is expected to integrate our API into your web store.

3) An invitation to register will be sent directly from our website.

4) Complete all the necessary information for your onboarding. Check your email for the invitation and click "Verify Email" to continue with the registration.

5) Once you have successfully registered, you will be able to proceed with the API integration. We will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how you can do this. Our team of experts will help you with the integration if you have any problems.

6) Wait for an email from the Swedish Tax Agency.

7) Once you have received your IOSS number, you can proceed with your shipments to the EU.

Increase your cross-border sales in the European Union with Crossborderit

Damon Baca


Crossborderit (CBIT)